The California Association of Natural Family Planning supports and unites users, providers and advocates of all methods of NFP, respecting differences in methodologies and focusing on common goals in a multi-cultural and non-sectarian context. CANFP advocates only natural methods of family planning because these methods respect and uphold the dignity of the human person and build strong marriages. They are sound health practices and are the only true methods of family planning in that they
can be used to both achieve and avoid pregnancy, while respecting the natural order of human sexuality.
In listing myself a resource as a Professional Member of CANFP, I assent to the aforementioned vision, and agree to abide by the following ethical principles:
- To value the dignity and well-being of each person with whom I associate in my role representing CANFP,
- To respect the personal preference of couples in selecting a method of natural family planning,
- To respect the inviolate value and dignity of human life from fertilization through natural death,
- To respect and promote the norm of each couple living in harmony and appreciation of their combined fertility,
- To respect the value and dignity of the unitive and procreative aspects of the marital coital union and reject any action(s) contrary to this,
- To reject the use of, and not encourage, promote, or refer for, contraception, contraceptive sterilization, artificial insemination, in vitro fertilization, or abortion, or abortifacients,
- To discourage the use of barrier methods or other contraceptives or abortifacients in combination with knowledge of fertility and infertility.