I am 20+3 pregnant and was given cyclogest 400mg daily from 5 weeks pregnant, due to 3 previous miscarriages (all at 8 weeks). My doctor has suggested it may be time to stop taking the cyclogest but doesn’t seem very sure. I asked if stopping could cause early contractions and my doctor said this was possible. I also asked if there was any harm in continuing, my doctor said that there may be a chance of genital defects in the baby. I am really scared. I don’t want to harm my baby, but having made it this far I don’t want to risk losing the baby. My doctor suggested keeping some in stock so that I could take one if I start to feel contractions or start to panic. If I stop taking the cyclogest and then started having contractions next day, how quickly would the contractions stop if I then took cyclogest?
What is the harm in stopping taking it or continuing until 30 weeks when the baby stands a good chance of survival?
I really don’t know what to do for the best and I am getting really upset and worked up about making the decision. My doctor doesn’t seem too committed either way and it’s a very difficult decision to make.